Outdoor accommodation at Harriman
- Animals welcome
- Drinking water
- Swimming pool
- Tumble drier
- Washing machine
- Drying rack
- Toilets (in house)
- Wireless internet
- Shower (in house)
- Kitchen (in house)
- Handicapped access
- Fridge (in house)
- Bicycle storage
- Parking onsite
- Picnic table
- Campfire allowed
The house and grounds are on a quiet street. The house is very secluded. You can explore and put up a tent.
In addition to the house, we also have an 11,000 sq ft. The grounds are yours to explore. We also have an in-ground pool and hot tub.
The sanitary facilities
5 full baths in the house
Inside our farmhouse mansion, you will enjoy old and new.
• Our space can sleep up to 27 people plus a few airbeds to accommodate extra guests. Enjoy serenity, peace and privacy.
• Two large flat screen HD TV's with cable, HBO, Showtime, Encore and Sports channels. Hi-Speed Internet and Wifi throughout the house.
• Our home is fully stocked with cookware, utensils, linens, towels, our personal spices & condiments for your use though you are certainly welcome to bring you own. Please do not throw out our condiments.
• EVENT SPACES: The entertainment room is a great space for business retreats, meetings, weddings, and other affairs. Very private. The entertainment room can hold tables, buffets, etc. 70-80 people. There is plenty of space on the lawns for tents for an outdoor wedding or reception.
• Lots of outside decks. There are 2 propane gas grills for you to use.
• Three fireplaces including Vermont Soap Stone Woodburning Stove and an additional pellet stove in winter for ambiance and extra warmth. Two fire pits; one is a more organic campfire with stones and the other is a portable fire pit.
• Our pool is a 25x45 in-ground pool with lots of privacy.
• All-year-round hot tub! Robes on order. (Robes will be accounted for after your stay. Please do not remove robes from my property. If robes are missing, you will be charged. Thank you.)
• There are 4 fire extinguishers in the house, a first aid kit on the first floor and a buoy at the pool.
There are so many things to do in the area and surrounding towns. Below are just a few examples. We have plenty more suggestions and itineraries available upon request. You can check out our website www dot orchardhillestate dot c-o-m for more details.
• We are 5 minutes from The Woodbury Commons Premium Shopping outlet; 39 miles and only 50 minutes from NYC (traffic permitting); 12-15 minutes to West Point Military Academy (under 12 miles); 20 minutes to Sugar Loaf arts village;
• Other nearby cool towns: Villages of Sugarloaf (great for handmade jewelry and toys), Warwick, Chester, Cornwall, Newburgh, Hudson on the River, Storm King Art Center.
• Ski and (email hidden)or Mt. Peter, or ice skate under the open sky and stars in Harriman State Park or Bear Mountain in the winter. Take a hot air balloon ride or visit art galleries and come home to relax.
• Enjoy the fresh air; pick apples in the fall on the property, pumpkin picking, wine tasting, visit a nearby lake
• Go hiking in Harriman State Park with over 52,000 acres, 235 miles of hiking trails and countless lakes, beaches, ice skating in winter, fishing and boating. 2nd Largest park in New York State. Bear Mountain is a part of Harriman State Park and is at the northern end.
• Visit the Warwick's old-fashion Drive-In Theatre for a double feature ** one of our favorite summer activities
• Other things to do: Antique shopping, Blooming Grove Organic Farmers Market, Renaissance Fair, Museum Village, Forest of Fear
• Visit Ananda Ashram for yoga, meditation, dance, classes, spiritual-educational center.
Guests have access to the whole house, pool, hot tub, and lawn, grills, fire pits, on very private 5.5 acres.
Check in is at 4PM on the day of the reservation. Check-out (email hidden)Earlier/late check-ins are subject to an additional fee. On holiday weekends, late check out will be 50% of the nightly rate.
• The price listed includes the price for 8 people. If more than 8 people are staying at the residence, there is an additional $50/per night/per extra guest fee (after 8 people).
• If any guests are invited to the house to stay or visit that the host has not been made aware of and approved, or if there is an event that was not approved or communicated with the host, you will loose your $1500 deposit.
• The cleaning fee (housekeeping) will increase for parties more than 20 people.
• You can hold events at the house for an additional Event charge.
• No smoking inside of the home. Smoking is allowed outside the home. Please be respectful and dispose of cigarette butts properly. Please don't leave them on our lawn or driveway.
• Be mindful and respectful. This is someone's home. Everything should be left in or returned to its place. Accidents can happen, so please be upfront if anything is broken, or damaged. Feel free to use any of our condiments should you wish. They are our personal condiments. Please do not throw them out as we try to fully stock our kitchen. We have 5 thermostats in the house. You may use the heat as you wish but please turn them down to 60 when you leave.
• Use of propane grills, fire pits, pool and/or hot tub is at Guest's own risk.
NO SMOKING or VAPING in the house.
• Pets may be allowed with a full house rental but must be approved by host. There 'may; be an additional Pet fee and deposit. Pets must be vaccinated, flea & tick meds. They need to be on a leash when outside the property. Owners must be responsible pet owners.
• No excessive noise and No Loud Music after 9:00 pm OUTSIDE. Though neighbors are acres away, sound (email hidden)Inside you may enjoy your party/event and time at our home.
• Please don't park on our grass or the streets in Harriman. We have plenty of parking an extra parking.
• Any planned events (wedding, shower, etc.) at the listing must be approved by the Host beforehand and will have an event fee. Guests who have an event such as a wedding, bachelor party, additional guests, etc., without the approval or knowledge of Host, may be subject to forfeiting their deposit.
• Swimming and use of the pool, pool area, propane gas grills, fire pits, hot tub and exercise equipment are at Guests own risk. Homeowner assumes no responsibility or liability.
• Only registered guests may stay at the house. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight on the property. Guests are responsible to supervise any children under the age of 13 and must do any 'baby proofing' that guest feels that they need.
• There is a $50 early check-in and a $75 late check-out fee.
• We want you to enjoy your stay and will do everything possible to help make your stay fabulous. Please contact us immediately should you have questions, concerns, need something explained or if something is not working properly.
* If more guests stay at our home than you have booked for, unless prior arrangements have been made, you may forfeit your deposit.
*Communication, hospitality, integrity is important to us and we want you to enjoy your stay. We look forward to hosting you. Any questions or special needs or concerns, feel free to contact us. Enjoy and treat our special home as if it were your own!
For your security, the entrances and exterior of the mansion are the ONLY places with 24 hour surveillance, Do not touch these cameras. Please live as you wish inside home.
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
No reviews yet
Stay here and be the first to give this host a review!