The house and grounds are on a quiet street. The house is very secluded. You can explore and put up a tent.
In addition to the house, we also have an 11,000 sq ft. The grounds are yours to explore. We also have an in-ground pool and hot tub.
The sanitary facilities
5 full baths in the house
Inside our farmhouse mansion, you will enjoy old and new.
• Our space can sleep up to 27 people plus a few airbeds to accommodate extra guests. Enjoy serenity, peace and privacy.
• Two large flat screen HD TV's with cable, HBO, Showtime, Encore and Sports channels. Hi-Speed Internet and Wifi throughout the house.
• Our home is fully stocked with cookware, utensils, linens, towels, our personal spices & condiments for your use though you are certainly welcome to bring you own. Please do not throw out our condiments.
• EVENT SPACES: The entertainment room is a great space for business retreats, meetings, weddings, and other affairs. Very private. The entertainment room can hold tables, buffets, etc. 70-80 people. There is plenty of space on the lawns for tents for an outdoor wedding or reception.
• Lots of outside decks. There are 2 propane gas grills for you to use.
• Three fireplaces including Vermont Soap Stone Woodburning Stove and an additional pellet stove in winter for ambiance and extra warmth. Two fire pits; one is a more organic campfire with stones and the other is a portable fire pit.
• Our pool is a 25x45 in-ground pool with lots of privacy.
• All-year-round hot tub! Robes on order. (Robes will be accounted for after your stay. Please do not remove robes from my property. If robes are missing, you will be charged. Thank you.)
• There are 4 fire extinguishers in the house, a first aid kit on the first floor and a buoy at the pool.
There are so many things to do in the area and surrounding towns. Below are just a few examples. We have plenty more suggestions and itineraries available upon request. You can check out our website www dot orchardhillestate dot c-o-m for more details.
• We are 5 minutes from The Woodbury Commons Premium Shopping outlet; 39 miles and only 50 minutes from NYC (traffic permitting); 12-15 minutes to West Point Military Academy (under 12 miles); 20 minutes to Sugar Loaf arts village;
• Other nearby cool towns: Villages of Sugarloaf (great for handmade jewelry and toys), Warwick, Chester, Cornwall, Newburgh, Hudson on the River, Storm King Art Center.
• Ski and (email hidden)or Mt. Peter, or ice skate under the open sky and stars in Harriman State Park or Bear Mountain in the winter. Take a hot air balloon ride or visit art galleries and come home to relax.
• Enjoy the fresh air; pick apples in the fall on the property, pumpkin picking, wine tasting, visit a nearby lake
• Go hiking in Harriman State Park with over 52,000 acres, 235 miles of hiking trails and countless lakes, beaches, ice skating in winter, fishing and boating. 2nd Largest park in New York State. Bear Mountain is a part of Harriman State Park and is at the northern end.
• Visit the Warwick's old-fashion Drive-In Theatre for a double feature ** one of our favorite summer activities
• Other things to do: Antique shopping, Blooming Grove Organic Farmers Market, Renaissance Fair, Museum Village, Forest of Fear
• Visit Ananda Ashram for yoga, meditation, dance, classes, spiritual-educational center.
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
Stay here and be the first to give this host a review!