Walscheid is classified as a mountain area.
The village is nestled at the bottom of the Bièvre valley and is surrounded by wooded hills from which many rocks stand out. In the heart of a preserved nature, more than 200 km of hiking and biking trails are waiting for you, as well as several places to practice climbing.
Goats, sheep, cows and horses as well as deer and hinds are the "four-legged mowers" of this green setting.
Our village is a paradise for hikers and nature lovers.
I invite you to discover it.
You will find yourself in a green setting between meadow and forest, the place is quiet and pleasant.
The road is not very busy because we are located in a dead end at the bottom of a valley.
Our unusual accommodation is a small "chalet style" caravan built entirely by us, can accommodate up to 4 people from April to November.
You will find a double bed, 2 bunk beds (plaids, pillows), a dining area, a kitchenette (dishes etc...) and dry toilets. Installed in our orchard near our house, our accommodation has everything to seduce.
All made of wood, it is perfect on the edge of the forest.
The sanitary facilities
In a spirit of environmental preservation and reduction of wastewater pollution, dry toilets are available in the trailer.
The shower is outside, in common with other campers.
The following equipment is available:
- covered outdoor kitchen: you will find a sink, a gas stove, an oven, a small fridge, a microwave, a coffee machine, a kettle, but also dishes, pots, pans, cutlery and all the necessary utensils. Possibility of loaning appliances on request (pierrade, fondue, raclette, crêpière, wok, multiple electric frying pan, waffle croq, mixer),
- aromatic plants (parsley, chives, thyme, sorrel, maggi herb),
- herbs (lemon verbena, lemon balm, Moroccan mint)
- table and chairs,
- plug available outside.
Activities to do on site :
- hiking : more than 100 kms of paths marked out by the associations of the commune and more than 100 kms of paths marked out by the Club Vosgien,
- horseback riding : Ranch du Stoss
- mountain bike circuit in the forest,
- discovery of the St Léon cave (largest rocky cavity in the Vosges Massif),
- swimming : supervised swimming in the lake in July and August,
- multisport field and petanque field next to the lake,
- free climbing at the Hohwalsch rock,
- picnic area at the Hohwalschplatz,
- discovery of the Gallo-Roman cemetery and the memorial site of the 14-18 war.
The tourist office is also at your disposal during the summer.
In the vicinity :
- bike rides on the bike paths of the valley of the bièvre, the two sarres, and the valley of the lock keepers,
- the little forest train in Abreschviller (8kms), the inclined plane (boat elevator, unique in Europe) in St Louis (13kms), alpine sledging in St Louis, the 2CV museum in Troisfontaines (5kms), the faience factory in Niderviller (9kms), Kiny park in Niderviller, the Vallerysthal crystal factory (5kms), Dabo rock (15kms), troglodytic houses in Hellert (17kms), the Cordeliers chapel with Chagall's stained glass window and the museum of the Sarrebourg region (15kms), swimming pool in Sarrebourg, golf course in Sarrebourg, medieval city in Fénétrange (30kms), sailing course in Mittersheim (35kms), 12th century castle in Lutzelbourg (17kms), animal park of Ste-Croix in Rhodes (36kms), wellness center in Langatte (22kms), bowling alley in Langatte, Center parcs "Les trois forêts" (22kms), bowling alley and karting track in Phalsbourg (22kms)
Please note that the caravan will be rented for a minimum of 3 nights.
To reduce the spread of covid 19, we take extra precautions between each stay by disinfecting frequently touched surfaces. Between 2 reservations, the accommodation will remain empty for 48 hours.
Bed linen and towels are not provided.
Arrival : 3pm
Departure : 11 am
Shops in Walscheid :
- bakery open 7 days a week + mini grocery store + mail departure,
- Saturday morning at the village square, small market (butcher, greengrocer and cheese maker),
- café de la grotte, dish of the day at noon from Tuesday to Friday, see the table for Saturday and Sunday noon and every evening tarts flambées.
- hairdressing salon.
Nearby (Troisfontaines), you will find doctors, dentist, chiropodist, physiotherapist, pharmacy, tobacconist's, petrol station, bakery, butcher's + small mini-market and the restaurant des Vosges. And if not, in town (Sarrebourg 15 kms) you will find everything you need.
Games for children : loan of board games, toys, books...(free)
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
Always so welcoming! The accommodation was spotless ???? .
First experience of Gambing! We were well received in a pleasant setting. Advice in ballad, an equipment beyond our expectations. Thanks again for this wonderful weekend.
I recommend it.
See you soon