- Campfire allowed
The land is agricultural and has no road access, but is quite suitable for placing a tent or sleeping under the stars.
By putting your tent on my land, you will find yourself in a quiet night environment where only deer and owls can be heard... You will be able to admire the bay of the mont st michel just by walking on the ground but be careful not to walk on the plantations...
The most suitable (and relatively clear/ready for use) location is indicated on the ground plan provided in the photos. On the way to this location, you will find a small stone tower for a campfire. You can put your tent next to it.
BE CAREFUL not to damage the apple trees that are nearby. Thank you.
The sanitary facilities
No sanitary facilities for the moment, I plan to create an outdoor dry toilet accessible to all.
No equipment provided but you can make a fire (campfire) in front of your tent if you respect the location (small stone turn in the indicated location)
By staying on my land, you will be a few hundred meters from the village of Roz-sur Couesnon where you can discover the magnificent view of the Mont St Michel.
It is also possible to go for a walk in the forests of the village and if you have a bike or are a good walker, you can even go to Beauvoir and the Mont St Michel or on the other side to Cherrueix where there is a small beach, crêperies and other shops...
Note that if you go down the road to the bay from the village, you will also find a creperie, a cabaret and some cafes/bars...
Don't hesitate to ask me for more details if you think the description is insufficient. I'm a beginner and I probably haven't thought of everything.
- BE CAREFUL not to damage plantations (many fruit trees have been planted and are still small and fragile, remember to respect the calm of their growth...
- There are also some vegetable crops (cultivation areas, mounds in lasagna...) you can't miss them! Respect them as much as possible by being careful not to step on them if you put things on them.
- Be sure to use the mowed paths as much as possible (I want to preserve the ecosystem and limit the damage caused by man to the wild plants and the environment of the land). If you want to walk off the paths, be respectful of the animal and plant species. Thank you.
- The land is mostly clean and is being cleaned up, so please do not leave any garbage or anything else behind and return the land in the same condition as you found it.
- The two buildings on the property are there for private use, they are closed and inaccessible. Please respect that. Thank you.
- In order to preserve the ecosystem, it is FORBIDDEN to pick daffodils or other wild flowers that you see on the land as well as to cut live wood from the trees. Thank you for respecting this.
If you wish to light a campfire:
- There is a fire pit not far from the tent site and far enough away from the large trees, please do not light fires anywhere else on the grounds.
- Please observe the safety measures to avoid fire;
- No fires during dry periods;
- Burn only branches and wood, no plastics or other materials;
- Leave the ash in the fire pit or take it with you! (it is advisable not to place the center anywhere because some crops are more fragile to the potash it contains)
If you wish to dispose of biodegradable organic material at the end of your stay, the grounds have a "compost" area behind the smaller of the two buildings on the right. You can leave your vegetable and fruit scraps there, provided that you do so.
The following waste is not accepted on the compost:
- Meat, bone or fish waste;
- Vinegar, salt or any other natural substance with a non-neutral PH;
- BE CAREFUL to remove the small labels that can be found on banana or kiwi peels, they are unfortunately not biodegradable.
- Bar / Restaurant
- Cultural visits
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
Cotentin, although not present, was very helpful.
Choose this site if you like adventure, it was close to wilderness camping when we were there this summer.
If these conditions suit you, this place is worth it.