Your host, Mat
- Animals welcome
- Drying rack
- Independent dry toilets
- Independent solar shower
- Picnic table
- Campfire allowed
ATTENTION! this year we will not have time to take care of the field because our work takes us too much time. We are therefore closing our field but people who have already come can contact me if they want to come back this summer and we can reopen dates for them (I will make sure there is water and everything needed to manage the dry toilets).
On a 6000m2 plot of land, quiet but not shaded despite some young trees, 150m from the road, you will have free access to about 2000m2.
If you don't find availability, don't hesitate to send me a message to check.
Located in the middle of nature, at the end of a dirt road of about 250m (not flat but passable), there are trees but they are still too young to enjoy their shade. However, parasols are available.
The nearest houses are 150m away.
A small pond with water lilies which is not deep, about 1m50 and which may be dry during the summer. It will be advisable to be careful with children who do not know how to swim.
A road passes at about 150m from the site, it's quite far, but depending on the wind direction you can hear some cars in the distance when they drive fast.
The money collected will be used for the improvement of the field (solar panels, road resurfacing, etc...)
THREE PITCHES are AVAILABLE:
- Pitch N°2 measures 80m2 (approx.), you can park a van/caravan and some tents.
- Pitch N°1 80m2 (9m x 9m). You can easily park two vans/caravans and several tents, so it is reserved primarily for groups of several people/vehicles.
- Pitch N°3 80m2 (approx.). Two vans/caravans and several tents can easily be parked there, so it is reserved in priority for groups of several people/vehicles.
When these three pitches are taken, I will not be able to accept any more reservations so that there are not too many people on the site (I have not found an option on home-camper to manage the reservations by pitch but I will block the days that are full).
The sanitary facilities
SOLAR SHOWER :
- A solar shower with a capacity of 200L is available in shared access. (The use of biodegradable products is preferred but is not an obligation, organic products will be sold at cost if you wish).
DRY TOILETS (self-managed):
- The Biblitoilettes are a combination of a dry toilet (without odors) and a library working on the principle of a book box (you are not obliged to leave books there). At the end of your stay, if you have not finished your reading, you can take the book home to finish it.
- The dry toilets are self-managed (I won't have too much time this summer to take care of them all the time), a sheet will be present to know how to do it.
- There is no electricity on the field but USB plugs are available on each site to recharge phones or tablets (there is only one solar panel for the moment, so it should only be used for phones and not for devices that consume a lot of power, such as powerbank, fridge, etc..) A generator can be used for emergency purposes (not permanently) by putting gasoline in it.
- Solar panels were normally planned for this summer but unfortunately will not be there yet because of lack of means.
- The water on the ground is not drinkable but perfectly usable for showering, brushing teeth or other.
- There is no wifi on the field but 4G passes well (3 bars at Bouygues and 1 to 2 (email hidden)EQUIPMENT :
- on each pitch are available: a folding table, 4 chairs, a parasol and a barbecue (with a wire brush for the grill).
- A campfire area is available to everyone, it is equipped for grilling. You will be able to make or listen to music as long as it does not disturb the other users of the area.
- We propose you to rent bicycles at preferential rates (10€ for the first day). Bikes VTC of city type pass of sign adults and VTT teenagers
- Tents can be rented for a small fee but a deposit will be required.
- Pets are accepted, however, if you have a dog that is a risk to children or other animals, please keep them on a leash or muzzled to avoid any incidents. Thank you for your understanding ;-)
- Please do not do laundry on the site to avoid soil pollution, unless you use natural products (ashes, ivy, etc..).
A laundromat is available at the port, 5mn by car (or 8mn by bike).
Clothes lines are available on the site.
- The nearest beach (Voirie south beach) is 6mn by bike, 20mn by foot or 5mn by car
- The beach of La Boirie (with its beach huts, near the port) is 7mn by bike, 5mn by car or 25mn by foot.
- The beach of Sous-région (north of St Denis) is 9mn by bike, 6mn by car or 33mn by foot.
MARKET & CITY CENTER:
- The market (every morning) and the city center (many shops and supermarket) are 6mn by bike, 21mn by foot or 4mn by car.
- The port of St Denis is 9mn by bike, 28mn by foot or 4mn by car. You will find restaurants, a funfair, a laundromat and boat departures to the island of Aix and La Rochelle.
LA BREE LES BAINS:
- The center of La Brée (market and shops) is about 8mn by bike, 5mn by car and 30mn by foot.
WATER ACTIVITIES :
- several water activities are available in the area, sailing school, surfing school, paddles, etc...
- The lighthouse of Chassiron is 15mn by bike, 7mn by car or 54mn by foot.
ATTENTION: If you come with a tent and an inflatable mattress, you should still have a protection for the latter, indeed, it happened that a person punctured his mattress on small pieces of brambles that have since been removed but if you have this kind of mattress, you should still have a protection to put underneath just in case. I could not be held responsible if this inconvenience happened to you, hence this message of prevention. Thank you for your understanding.
- A busy road passes at 150m and you can hear some cars when they go fast depending on the wind direction.
- You may be visited by mosquitoes but this is normal in the summer on Oleron.
- There are some hens about 50m from the pitches, with a rooster that sings in the morning (dwarf rooster, so less voice than the big ones).
- Depending on the direction of the wind, you can also hear in the evening the animation of the campsites which are about 1km to the east.
- There are no set times, however the site must be free by noon (if you want to leave later, or arrive earlier, you can park elsewhere on the site in the meantime).
CAMPING CARS, TRUCKS & large caravans:
- These vehicles cannot access the site as the entrance is too narrow (vans and caravans up to 5m can pass without any problem).
SOME IMPORTANT RULES :
- The sorting of waste, the collection of household waste is very restrictive on Oleron, only one collection per month (small container) is allowed, a yellow container is available as well as a composter (to put everything that is organic). If the sorting is well done, only 1% of the waste is to be put in the household waste container.
- Do not cut trees or shrubs (unless authorized by me)
- Save water, don't let it run for nothing, it is difficult to bring it back in the tanks.
Thanks to you.
- Amusement Parks
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
- Surfing / Sailing
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
Mat is very welcoming and available.
I recommend him!
See you soon
Very nice night at Mat's place. Perfect location to stay on the island of Oleron. Good communication with Mat.
Thanks and see you soon
A great place where everything is well thought out! Mat is very welcoming and available.
Nice little stay on the island of Oleron. It's true that the location lacks a little shade (especially at this time!) and there are thorns on the ground but all that is mentioned on the ad so no surprise. But the big plus here is the friendly space around the fire. Perfect to chat and meet other homecampers!
The library is nice too! :)
There are still a few things to improve for it to be perfect and it will surely be the case in a few times, but it's already a good spot!
Very good stay, filled with beautiful meetings and evenings to remake the world around the fire. The corner around the fire encourages conviviality and this is a very good thing.
Attention in case of strong heat, there is no shade
Very pleasant location and well thought out to limit our ecological footprint! Great job!
We spent a pleasant stay, very quiet ground with all the necessary at disposal: table, chairs, parasol, barbecue, solar shower and dry toilet.
Thanks to Mat and his family ????. I recommend it.
Always a pleasure to come to Mat's place, new facilities that make the stay even better :) thanks and see you soon!
A very welcoming host, a super quiet place where taking a shower while looking at the stars is a beautiful experience. I recommend Mat's hospitality and kindness.
We didn't meet Mat, but he really reacts very friendly and quickly! Quit place to stay. Nice facility to charge your phone (we missed electricity for our cool box, during this summer it was needed :-))
I had a great stay at Mat's place. The calm is assured: we sleep very well! and Mat has done everything to make the place welcoming. He is available and benevolent.
The cycle track is very close.
I recommend it.
Very well landscaped, very quiet, and very welcoming owners! I recommend
Well located camp!
Mat is clear in his explanations
Mat is very nice and welcoming.
The terrain is great too, only 3 pitches with a solar shower and dry toilets, the best!
Beautiful place and Mat is very welcoming.
Bring a bike for travel, it will be a plus.
We had a pleasant night. Thank you for the welcome!
I have no complaints about Mat and the grounds. I had an excellent stay. The facilities are perfect, made with great care, respectful of the environment, and with the desire to please the guests. The pitches also have the necessary equipment (tables, chairs, barbecue). The site is very quiet. A big thank you Mat, I had a rejuvenating stay there and I can't wait to come back! I recommend it!