Private camping rentals at Mauges Sur Loire
Your host, Alice
- Drinking water
- Drying rack
- Independent dry toilets
- Independent solar shower
- Independent kitchen
- Handicapped access
- Independent fridge
- Bicycle storage
- Parking onsite
- Campfire allowed
- Closed land
- Independent access
We are a very small collective eager to make live the place we live! It is an old farm of 6000m2 with trees and quite green since we do reasoned mowing. Here, there are :
- Florent and Alice's house and garden,
- Philou's caravan next to the campsite,
- a shared space available to campers: in this barn, you will find a small summer kitchen. You can park your bikes and plug in your appliances. The space also has a small sitting area.
- Another barn can be used as a shelter in case of bad weather! This is a space that we use for events, so it is possible that things happen there (artist rehearsals / development / event: welcome! )
- an outdoor space of about 1000m2 mowed for you! Next to it, two solar shower cabins, two dry toilets and a small toilet area, all outside and sheltered by old horse boxes.
The camping space is surrounded by the vegetable garden, the orchard, and the meadow of the sheep and the hens! They are for the moment our only animal friends, without counting of course Pitre and Pumba, the two field mouse hunters, and Shamis, a little Brittany spaniel!
Beautiful sunsets on the meadows, a sky that reveals all its stars, a very natural sound atmosphere (owl, multiple birds...cotcotcot / beeeeh!!) and depending on the season, cherries, plums, blackberries, and figs!
We are a bit isolated, hence the quietness and the absence of lighting, however, a road borders the property and is quite busy. From our place, we will show you a nice walk along the river, in the heart of a wood, with a superb view!
On the 1000 m2 available, we propose 3 places for fitted out trucks or tents. We are planting trees but they will not yet be enough to provide shade on the site, however we will show you the places that still benefit from a corner of shade thanks to the hedgerow. The ground is quite flat, you will be able to park your car right next to your tents.
The sanitary facilities
For the showers, we provide two 20L bags to warm up in the sun. The shower cabins are simple but rustic!
There is also a small sheltered toilet area. Finally, the dry toilets are inside the old horse boxes.
In the shared kitchen area you will find a fridge, a gas stove, a microwave, a kettle, a coffee maker, a toaster, and something to eat. We provide the basic consumables (salt, pepper, sugar / toilet paper). Some utensils are available. We can lend dishes if needed.
You will find sockets for your appliances, and mobiles can be left to charge at night for example. Internet connection is possible in the barn.
The barns are used for our concert evenings, so you can enjoy the "chill" corner with sofas and possibly a small sound system.
The house is located 4km from the Loire River which, in our region, is very attractive: it abounds in sandy beaches, pedestrian and cycling paths run along it and numerous guinguettes make the banks of the river come alive.
Not far from the house, there are several paths that lead to beautiful views of the Evre river and the bocage! Of course, canoeing is the order of the day, but also cycling, horseback riding or walking. Boatmen also offer trips on the Loire.
Saint Florent le Vieil is 5km away, it is a small city of character. Further up the Loire, you will find the Chalonnes islands and its surprises!
The region may be natural and rural, but it is still creative: there are plenty of opportunities to discover concerts, to have a drink, to find craftsmen during the whole summer period at least!
A rather reasonable animal park is located 15km from the house.
The train in Ancenis (15km from the house) can take you to Nantes or Angers in 25 minutes if the call of the city is too strong!
- The animals are used to seeing people but still some remain very fearful. We want them to feel at home, that's why I ask you to respect their space and their peace. To approach without hesitation, but with gentleness! Thank you for not giving them food (bread can kill sheep, regarding cats, they have a diet mulots which works rather well if you believe the bellies!)
- Please use only biodegradable soap, shampoo and dishwashing liquid in order not to pollute the place.
- You can make a barbecue, or even a campfire with branches found on the ground (or during your walks!). Please be careful not to damage any trees (even the young ones!) or our growing vegetables. The vegetable garden can be visited without worry, but Florent lets the plants express themselves! So be careful where you put your feet (and of course, thank you for letting us enjoy the harvest).
- Ashtrays are available under the barns and under the boxes.
- We are night owls so you can have a good sound volume until about midnight if you wish (to be seen together according to our needs).
We look forward to meeting you!
Philou, Flo and Alice.
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
No reviews yet
Stay here and be the first to give this host a review!