- Animals welcome
- Drinking water
- Independent dry toilets
- Independent fridge
- Bicycle storage
- Parking onsite
- Picnic table
- Campfire allowed
- Closed land
- Independent access
The WHOLE site is private to you. No other party is booked in. It's up to you where you set up camp, lakeside or upper site. Sensational view from lakeside.
3 miles away from nearest lamp light! Absolutely no light at night, save moon light and tiny fairy lights on potty cabin. Fantastic for star gazing.
Noise - the occasional sheep or car.
Traffic - virtually none as site is near the end of a dead end single track lane.
Your pitch is through a private gate which can be locked if you wish. Secure for younguns and dogs. You can park next to your tent. Shade and some shelter beneath trees is available. All grass site which is reasonably level but does have some bumps...it is wild camping after all! Site is 3 miles up a single track lane so NOT suitable for caravans and only Smaller campervans willing to reverse if they meet another vehicle!
The sanitary facilities
We have a spankingly clean potty cabin in which there is a portapotty toilet. As you will be the only guest, you will be expected to empty it yourself at the end of your stay. There are no shower facilities. There is a drinking water stand.
We provide a fire basket and cost price logs, kindling and starters for your campfire, along with BBQ facilities and picnic table.
There is a drinking water tap and electric hook up if required. £3 per night in summer, £5 in winter.
Go Ape - High ropes adventure
High Velocity Zip Wire - longest in Europe
Bounce Below - trampolining in caverns
Snowdon / Railway - second highest mountain in UK
Port Meirion / No 6 festival - Quirky village
Conwy / Caernarfon Castles
Llandudno - Victorian seaside town
Marin Trail - World class mountain Bike tracks
Dry Ski slopes
Fishing from the lake side or hire a boat. Permits can be bought from the lakeside cafe approx £19 per day. Please note there is NO swimming or private boating allowed in Lake Crafnant due to rare fish stocks.
• We have an abundance of wildlife in the area and often have sheep roaming the lane. Please keep ALL gates closed at ALL TIMES to prevent our dogs from escaping and eating them!
• Please do not throw cigarette ends on the ground or in the bushes;
• Please vacate the site by 12 am on the day of your departure or by arrangement.
• Arrival time no earlier than 2:00 pm or by arrangement.
• Radio/music etc must be kept at a reasonable level. Please think of others regarding noise at all times.
• A BBQ is provided for you and is the responsibility of the camper; remember the coals stay hot well after your food is cooked so please double check that they are completely extinguished after use.
• The discharge of fireworks and Chinese lanterns on the campsite and surrounding areas is strictly forbidden.
• A fire basket is provided for your use. Please do not move it. You may scout the grounds for kindling and twigs and branches lying on the floor and use those to start your fire. Under no circumstances should you cut/chop anything to burn. Logs can be purchased or you may bring your own. An open fire should only be lit in an open area making sure it is kept small and well away from overhanging trees and bushes. The fire should be extinguished when not attended. Please locate the Emergency FIRE BUCKET filled with sand.
• General conduct: If in our opinion anyone staying onsite is considered to be of unreasonable behaviour, causing annoyance or detrimental to either our interests or those of our neighbours, they will be asked to leave immediately without refund.
• Visitors are not permitted, nor is there parking for visitors.
Fishing permits can be bought from the lakeside cafe approx £19 per day. Please note there is NO swimming or private boating allowed in Lake Crafnant due to rare fish stocks.
Contract Terms: please note these rules and conditions form the basis of our contract with you. Booking, payment or entry to the site implies acceptance of these and any other rules we may display on site.
Please let us know if you are concerned about any aspect of the campsite rules /term & conditions or facilities provided. Many thanks :-)
Health and Safety / Terms and Conditions.
• The water point provides drinking water. For hygiene purposes please do not allow any attached pipes to reach the ground.
• Please do NOT put paper down the potty, but use the bin provided.
• The potty should be emptied at the end of your stay or when the indicator shows RED. Follow the signs! The emptied potty should be rinsed and filled with flushing chemical - behind the potty cabin. Merv / Chrissie will show you how if you don't know.
• To save excessive emptying and use of chemicals, we encourage Gents to sprinkle in the trees! :-)
• A black wheely rubbish bin and green recycling bins are next to the log shed. Please recycle or burn as much as you can. If you can't recycle it, make sure you bag it before putting in the wheely bin . Do not leave any bags beside the bins, as the local wildlife will empty them during the night! Also please avoid leaving sharp objects or broken glass where they could become a hazard.
• Our little site and the surrounding country lanes have no lighting whatsoever; it is advisable to bring a good torch.
• Midges can sometimes be a nuisance so we advise you to bring long sleeves and pants and repellent with you!
• Friendly dogs are only welcome onsite if conditions of pet acceptance have been agreed. In the interest of hygiene please clear up after your dog. This means bury it or stick and flick. Please do not use plastic bags.
• When booking you will be asked to fill in a booking form along with making full payment. When you make a booking, we store your contact and holiday information. This information is only held for the purposes of managing this and future bookings. It is NEVER shared.
• We accept no responsibility for loss or damage or injury to persons or property whilst on site.
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
- Surfing / Sailing
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
A real gem of a location! The photos of the site don't quite do it justice; the views up the lake a stunning and the two campgrounds offer a wonderful sense of seclusion.
Chrissie was great, good communication and always very keen to help.
Excellent little find. Set in a beautiful landscape with everything you need. Nice and private, and no phone signal so you can fully relax. Hope to return soon.
Awesome stay! I'll be back soon!
What an amazing place! We stayed for 3 nights and it was just perfect. We pitched up on the top spot where there is everything you need (electric, storage, fridge/freezer, toilet). Its nice and secluded and feels very safe. Down by the lake is glorious, it feels like you have the whole lake to yourself with just a few walkers passing by above. There are walking trails nearby and another lake which you can walk (rugged and steep in places) or drive to, if you fancy wild swimming or water boarding etc. Chrissy and Marv were excellent hosts, very friendly and welcoming. We will definitely be back!
Absolutely fantastic, well worth the 5 stars, both Merv and Chrissie were fantastic hosts and lovely people, highly recommend you camp by the lake, amazing scenery, will be back,
Perfect little secluded getaway.
We enjoyed a fabulous weekend here. Especially enjoyed the lakeside area. Directions received were comprehensive and easy to follow. Spent the day walking in the local area then a enjoyed a wonderful evening lakeside with a fire and food. This site is beautiful. We will definitely be back.
We spent three amazing nights here and couldn’t be happier.
Relaxing, solitary, beautiful and extremely well equipped for a stay in the wilds of Wales.
Great communication throughout and we were really able to just relax in the quiet, secure surroundings and enjoy the whole experience, thanks to the thoughtfulness of our hosts - access to a fridge and somewhere to put extra ‘stuff’ in the shed really made a huge difference.
I loved the fire facilities and cooked on the open fire each night in a cast iron pot- highly recommended if you like that sort of thing .
Will be returning in the near future, hopefully.
We had 3 nights here in September, we had the area with the electric hook up which was just perfect and private. The host was very welcoming. From the campsite, there are some fabulous walks, very scenic. There is no signal whatsoever anywhere in the area, so you have to go down into the village to be in touch with the outside world. The lake area is just gorgeous, we had a little fire down there on our last evening which was gorgeous with the lake and the stars. Definitely in our top 5 places to stay and we've been to hundreds of campsites in our many years of camping.
We absolutely loved staying at this idyllic location, where the only sounds were mostly water splashing on rocks and wind through the trees. Very peaceful and serene, with only the occasional walker or car going past on the single-lane track up above the lakeside site.
Amazing scenery that seemed to change as much as the weather, we took so many pictures! The tarpaulin put up between the trees and the fire pit / barbecue was a real boon, we really enjoyed building our own campfire!
Lovely place with lovely hosts, whoever visits won’t be disappointed.
Very friendly hosts. Lovely campsite in a fabulous location
Mihai Filip B.
Very beautiful. Is " dream land" for those how love camping! We were sorry because we couldn't stay more then 4 nights.
Thank you very much Chrissie.
Next year we hope we could stay 7 nights :)
Noemie Et Adrien M.
Le site du Gamping est réellement exceptionnel! Nous regrettons juste de n'être pas resté plus longtemps: c'est calme, superbe, très bien aménagé. Un petit coin table couvert nous a bien servi lors des averses et le réveil au bord du lac est grandiose... Nous recommandons sincèrement cet emplacement.
Beautiful memories! We'll be back for sure. X x x
Simply perfect camping spot. Spent 3 days there and met Merv who was massively helpful and friendly. The setting is amazing and the space perfect for Our campervan awning and energetic family. Thanks a load guys and we will be back!
Located in a lovely part of the country it was great to have a private place to camp and access to a toilet. Host welcomed us on arrival and checked that we had everything we needed. Note that the ground is very rocky and quite difficult to get tent pegs in. Lots of midges at dusk so bring insect repellent and cover up. It would have been lovely to set up camp down by the lake but with the bad weather we decided to camp up the top next to the car instead of carrying all our things down in the rain. This was not as scenic but it was only a short walk down to the lake. Site seemed fairly secure for large dogs but our small terriers kept sneaking through the fence onto the road so we kept them on the lead after dark. Would recommend this site for short stays
What a wonderful, peaceful campsite! The views are amazing and our two boys enjoyed paddling in the (freezing cold) lake. The location is beautiful and if the weather hadn't been quite so wet we would've spent more time just exploring locally. The facilities are basic but the composting toilet was spotless. Chrissie is a lovely host and couldn't have been more friendly or welcoming. We would love to come back one day.
Everything we were looking for but didnt think we would ever find. Not sure we can go back to big comercial campsites again!
Chrissie and Murph are 2 of the nicest people we have had the pleasure of meeting. They made are stay an unforgettable experience and where always there for anything we needed. With regards to the land, the camping area is spectacular, right on the waters edge of Llyn Crafnant. Even after we had said goodbye, Murph assisted in a situation with our car and came to help us immediately which we were extremely grateful for. Would recommend to anyone, and we can’t wait to return in the near future!
Christie was absent during our stay there, but her husband came to meet us. He is very kind and made sure everything went well. The ground is very well located and we definitely recommand anybody to stay there!
Fantastic weekend of camping and fly fishing. The site could not have been better, we received a warm welcome from our host on arrival who took time to explain what was available to us over the weekend.
This is a really cosy little site, very close to the fishing and surrounded by beautiful welsh countryside.
Amenities - Good
Well supported by your hosts.
Can't wait for our next visit - really relaxing venue.
Lovely location, hosts although not able to welcome us in person prepared the site for our visit and sent welcome email.
The area is fantastic, the views from both pitches are wild and wonderful, with the ability to camp almost right on the lakes edge you get a location rarely available to anyone else for camping.
The facilities are as described, the tap and the one chemical toilet in an outhouse style building. For a Semi-wild camping experience it gets 5 stars from me!
What an amazing camping location. By far one of our favourites. Incredible scenery, a real opportunity to 'get away from it all' and a paradise playground for the children. Without the noise of traffic and lots of other people around you, you can really appreciate the sounds and splendour of your surroundings. You really do feel like you are the only ones there to enjoy the lake and area in all its glory whilst feeling totalling safe and private. We had a thoroughly warm welcome from Chris and her husband; couldn't of been more helpful. Would thoroughly recommend Chrissie's site for those that truly enjoy the outdoors, the beauty of North Wales and who just wants to get away from those really busy campsites where you feel like you are one of a crowd. Would absolutely have no concern about camping by myself. I have marked outstanding for cleanliness based on the basic facilities there (a toilet)...really you don't need much else! Thank you Chrissie for sharing your land; it is a very special location.