Your host, Coryn & Gerald
- Animals welcome
- Drinking water
- Drying rack
- Independent dry toilets
- Parking onsite
- Campfire allowed
- Closed land
- Independent access
Friendly and appreciative of contact, we are attached to the principles of individual freedom and free movement.
You are at 400 m of altitude in the regional park of Morvan in edge of a hamlet where we welcome you on a private ground, fenced, equipped with the minimum and where you will evolve in safety.
Attention: especially in wet weather we recommend that motorhomes and vans are equipped with AWD 4x4, as our terrain is sloping at the entrance (see description "Pitches").
Spacious land with a view of the hills and the horizon. No noise pollution, no air, light or electromagnetic pollution.
At night, you will be impressed by the depth of the sky and the clarity of the Milky Way.
The land is made of cut grass and is bordered by oak trees that provide shade in the morning and evening.
Cows and sheep are the most densely populated part of the area.
On a high and a low part, the land offers two flat pitches.
At the entrance to our site, your vehicle will have to cross a grassy slope.
For this reason, we recommend home campers to have a vehicle with sufficient traction, especially on wet grass.
However, if you are unfortunate enough to get stuck, we will find a temporary solution.
The sanitary facilities
Cold water only on outside sink (independent from the host's house).
Dry toilets under individual tent.
220 V electricity available on the property (independent from the guest house).
To make fire and grill: a small Mexican fireplace is at your disposal.
- SWIMMING and sailing on the lake-reservoir of PANNECIÈRE at 7 km.
Walk on the dam.
- ORNITHOLOGICAL OBSERVATORY at the small lake of Pannecière
- VELORAIL (electric) at 12 km (Chateau-Chinon station)
- LES RUCHERS DU MORVAN can be visited: the museum of the honey industry, of the bee and the store of the soil with its products: at the Port de l'Homme in Corancy, (phone number hidden) mn from the camp)
- THE PISCICULTURE of Corancy can be visited (15 mn from the camp):
- PENICHE BOAT CRUISE and BIKE TOURS on the Nivernais CANAL (linking Decize to Auxerre). The cycle tracks follow the towpaths and its locks (bike and tandem rental on site, starting point at 20 km).
Closer and around the camp :
- WALKING: hedgerow, forests, white water, still water, panoramic views Many paths lead you there.
- A popular area for PHOTOGRAPHY (landscape, wildlife, sunsets...)
We can provide you with some tourist brochures.
- BICYCLE : we recommend an electric bike because the difference in altitude is important.
- English spoken fluently.
- Breakfast-brunch by reservation.
- Texas grilled meats + chutney + homemade guacamole can be prepared upon reservation 3 days in advance.
- Art workshop: upon request only, your hosts will take you to their studio.
- Arrival before 8:30 pm if possible.
Possibility of breakfast (€13 / person)
American brunch : Eggs-bacon-pancakes-marmelade + fresh fruits + tea-coffee.
Please let us know in advance.
A teepee type tent where you can stand / 8€ per night.
- Interior surface of 4 m2 divided into 2 parts.
- An entrance
- An interior room for 2 persons.
- A lamp.
- Bring your sleeping equipment.
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
- Surfing / Sailing
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
A first "Homecamper" experience for me: just great! Coryn and Gérald are adorable, and the place is sublime and very quiet. We will go back there with great pleasure ! Thank you very much !
Very nice campspace to stay with two lovely hosts: Corinne & Gerald. We had a lovely drink together which we enjoyed very much. You feel at home wright away. They are present but they guarantee a lot of privacy.
The place and the town (Vaumery) are very quite. Here you really can hear 'nature' if you forgot what it sounds like. The best spot to stay is the upper part of the campspace. Electricity & water are provided.
We did a lot of biking but it's strenuous if you don't have an e-bike like me :-). The valley of Vaumery is really outstanding. Lac de Panneciere is close by and the bike tour around is very nice and highly recommendable. There are a lot of walking possibilities in the neighborhood. Just do it and enjoy this little heaven on earth.
Things to consider:
- a dry toilet for comparers
- some more info about the region and the things to do (provide some maps or brochures)
- a nice fireplace to sit around with barbecue would make this spot complete.
In general: I've lost my heart in the valley of Vaumery. I hope you find it and use it to enjoy this place. Would I like to come back? No doubt about it! Come over and see for yourself.
A welcoming, caring and at the same time discreet couple. Very nice site, they helped us choose the best spot and provided everything we needed. We appreciated that they put our sleeping bags under cover when we were out for a walk and got caught in the rain. Gerald speaks French well but it is also a pleasure to converse with him in English. We recommend for the calm, the region, the welcome...and more for a small price...
A big THANK YOU to Coryn and Gérald for your welcome. What a great spot that I recommend. An open field with a breathtaking view and several locations to choose from. Very good moments of exchange in good company. And this breakfast a la plancha with eggs, bacon, pancake with coconut oil!!! Bravo.
We will come back ;-)