- Animals welcome
- Drinking water
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine
- Drying rack
- Independent toilets
- Independent shower
- Independent kitchen
- Bicycle storage
- Parking onsite
- Picnic table
- Closed land
- Independent access
- Sanitary dump station
- Kids playground
A pleasant setting on the banks of the Veyre :
We have a large garden (nearly 2000 m²) on the banks of the river. The setting is pleasant and relaxing. In the mornings, you can watch birds and squirrels playing in the ivy and hazel trees. You'll find an above-ground swimming pool (6x4.5 m) and its beach, a picnic table in the shade of a beautiful magnolia tree, a children's play area, a vegetable garden, pétanque in the stabilized courtyard, soccer goals, darts and plenty to keep your children busy...
The grounds are planted with trees, so on hot summer days, you'll find a cool spot in the shade of the magnolia, the weeping willow or the beautiful hazel hedge.
The grounds are fenced, and access is free.
We provide electricity (free) and an outdoor water point (free).
Depending on availability, we can provide a bathroom with toilet + a fully-equipped kitchen (€2/person) for our travelers who want more comfort. The whole unit is completely independent.
A washing machine (4€/ wash without detergent or 5€/ wash with detergent).
We're just a 5-minute walk from a park with play structures for children, an artificial turf city stadium, two ping-pong tables, a skate park and soccer fields. The local supermarket, with its small gallery, hairdresser, tobacconist/press and bakery, is less than 10 minutes' walk away.
In St Amant Tallende (15 minutes' walk along a pleasant footpath, or 2 minutes by car), you'll find two other bakeries/pastry shops, a top-quality chocolatier, a butcher and a greengrocer/cheesemonger. (+ Pharmacies, doctors' surgeries, physiotherapists, osteopaths, dentists, radiology, ...)
The château, its ramparts and its magnificent bridge offer an ideal setting for walks and/or picnics.
Many hiking trails are nearby.
For vans, parking will be in the courtyard directly overlooking the garden described above. Apart from access, the courtyard is flat and easy to turn around.
The sanitary facilities
An outdoor water point is available free of charge.
Depending on availability, we can also provide a bathroom with toilet + a fully equipped kitchen (2€ / person).
A washing machine (4€/ wash excluding detergent or 5€/ wash including detergent)
Possibility of filling up with water (free of charge)
Possibility of emptying the bin in an outside manhole.
Sorted garbage can be deposited in the bins provided.
- Provision of an outdoor water point
- Provision of an outside outlet
- Possibility of filling up and emptying the water box
- Access to the garden with all its amenities
- Access to the pool subject to compliance with safety and usage regulations and under your full responsibility.
Chargeable services (subject to availability):
- Bathroom and kitchen access (2€ / person)
- Washing machine (4 or 5€ / wash according to formula)
Nearby sights and activities: (approximate travel time by car)
- Downtown Clermont-Ferrand, with its Romanesque church and Volvic stone cathedral, small restaurants and Saint-Pierre market (25 minutes)
- Downtown Issoire, with its Romanesque Saint-Austremoine abbey church, clock tower and Saturday morning market (20 minutes)
- The Puys mountain range, a UNESCO World Heritage site (35 minutes)
- Vulcania park (40 minutes)
- Lemptégy volcanoes (40 minutes)
- Numerous lakes, the closest being Lac d'Aydat, but also Lac Chambon, Lac de la Cassière, Lac de la Servières, Lac du Guery, Lac Pavin, Gour de Tazenat, etc.
- Water sports facilities with beach and lake tour in Aydat (20 minutes), Lac Chambon (30 minutes) and Le Vernet Sainte-Marguerite.
- The spa resorts of Mont-dore, La Bourboule, Saint nectaire, Chatel Guyon and the Royat spa with its fitness center.
- The Chaudefour Valley Nature Reserve for a spectacular hike to the top of the ridges (highest peak: 1854 meters): 50 minutes
- The ski resorts of Superbesse (45 minutes) and Mont Dore
Four of France's most beautiful villages nearby: Montpeyroux (12 minutes), Usson (30 minutes), Blesle (45 minutes), and Charroux (50 minutes).
Three small towns full of character: La Sauvetat (10 minutes), Champeix (15 minutes) and Besse Saint-Anastasie (45 minutes).
The Super Besse resort (45 minutes away, altitude 1350 to 1850 m - Massif du Sancy) offers downhill mountain biking, fat-biking, a 1600-meter zip line, an aqua-ludic base, supervised mountain hikes and more.
- Numerous adventure parks in Aydat, Royat, Chatel, etc.
- Canoeing and kayaking on the river Allier,
- Paléopolis park (45 minutes)
- Le Pal and Ardes sur couzes animal parks (40 minutes)
- Bellonte farm, where Saint-nectaire cheese is made, (20 minutes) ...
- Château de Murol (35 minutes), Château de la Bâtisse (15 minutes), Château de Busséol (20 minutes)
To ensure that each traveler retains his or her privacy, and has his or her own living space, we suggest accommodating a maximum of 1 tribe, unless of course 2 tribes are traveling together.
Accessibility limited to vans and minivans up to 7 m.
Category 3 dogs accepted (Categories 1 and 2 not accepted)
Rules and regulations :
No smoking in the bathroom/kitchen
Please leave the premises as clean as when you arrived.
- Amusement Parks
- Bar / Restaurant
- Canoe / Kayak
- Cultural visits
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
Lovely grounds and very welcoming host!