Camping in the Var department
Are you ready for a van road trip through the beautiful Var department in the south of France? Buckle up, because we're about to take you on an adventure of a lifetime through charming towns, picturesque landscapes, delicious food and wine, and hidden gems and underrated destinations. With HomeCamper, you'll be able to stay in comfortable and authentic accommodation on private properties, immersing yourself in the local culture and lifestyle!
First on the agenda, the city of Toulon, known for its beautiful beaches, charming old town, and delicious local cuisine. Take a stroll down the famous Promenade des Anglais, admire the beautiful Art Deco architecture, and enjoy a traditional French meal on one of the many outdoor terraces.
Next, head out to the hilltop village of La Garde Freinet, known for its stunning views of the Mediterranean, and its charming streets lined with art galleries and souvenir shops. This village is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the region. From La Garde Freinet, take a drive to the town of Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume, known for its beautiful medieval architecture, charming streets and the Sainte-Baume mountain, a sacred place for pilgrimage.
If you're looking for a bit of adventure, take a drive to the Massif des Maures and explore the beautiful landscapes and hiking trails of the region. It's a beautiful mountain range located in the Var department, in the south of France. Known for its stunning landscapes, hiking trails, and breathtaking views, it's a must-see destination for anyone visiting the region. The Massif des Maures is a place where you can escape the hustle and bustle of the touristy towns and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the region. One of the most popular hikes in the Massif des Maures is the Mont Vinaigre, a mountain that offers a panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea and the surrounding mountains. The hike is considered moderate, and it takes about 2-3 hours to reach the summit, but the views are definitely worth it. The summit also offers a great spot to have a picnic or a snack while admiring the views. Another popular hike in the Massif des Maures is the Gorges de Daluis, a beautiful canyon that offers a unique perspective of the region. The hike is considered moderate to difficult, and it takes about 4-5 hours to complete, but the views are breathtaking. The Gorges de Daluis is also a popular spot for rock climbing, offering a variety of routes for climbers of all levels. The Massif des Maures is also home to some beautiful lakes, such as the Lac de Caramy and the Lac de Saint-Cassien, which are perfect for swimming, fishing, and relaxing.
The Var department is the ultimate destination for your van road trip. It's a place where you can have it all - charming towns, picturesque landscapes, delicious food and wine, hidden gems, and underrated destinations. And let's not forget, it's the most touristy department in France, meaning there's always something new and exciting to discover. With HomeCamper, you'll be able to experience it all in a unique and authentic way. So, pack your bags, fire up your van or campervan, and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime in the Var department! Whether you're looking to lounge on the beaches, hike through the mountains, or explore charming villages, this region has it all and more. Don't miss out on the opportunity to discover the hidden gems of the Var department, and make memories that will last a lifetime!
Here are some more underrated places to visit in the department:
- Visit the Roman Theater of Ollioules: The Roman Theater of Ollioules is a well-preserved Roman theater dating back to the 1st century AD. It's a unique and underrated attraction that offers a glimpse into the history of the region.
- Take a Boat Tour of the Porquerolles Island: Porquerolles Island is a beautiful island located off the coast of the Var department, known for its crystal clear waters, and beautiful beaches. A boat tour of the island is a great way to discover its hidden gems and escape the crowds.
- Visit the Château de la Napoule: The Château de la Napoule is a beautiful medieval castle located in the town of Mandelieu-la-Napoule. It's a unique and underrated attraction that offers a glimpse into the history of the region.
- Explore the Parc Naturel Régional du Verdon: The Parc Naturel Régional du Verdon is a beautiful nature reserve located in the Var department, known for its stunning landscapes, hiking trails, and beautiful lakes. It's a great destination for those who love outdoor activities and nature.
- Take a Wine Tasting Tour of the Bandol AOP: The Bandol AOP is a wine-making region located in the Var department, known for its delicious red wines. A wine tasting tour is a great way to discover the wines of the region and learn about the local wine-making tradition.
- Visit the Musée International de la Parfumerie: The Musée International de la Parfumerie is a unique and underrated museum located in the town of Grasse, known as the world capital of perfumery. It's a great place to learn about the history and the art of perfumery.
- La Cadière-d'Azur
- Le Luc